Monday, March 25, 2013

Royal Riblet Part 2

This is great.  Sometimes things just work out. 

We are now into Easter week in the retail wine business so it's busier than normal and I don't have much time to blog but yet I know I should and I'm not entirely satisfied with my prior post recommending wines to go with honey baked ham.  With this blog, I know we will have completion.

On March 14th of '11 we told the story of one, Royal Riblet, a scoundrel of sorts who just happened to build the mansion depicted on the label of Arbor Crest Washington State wines.  You will have to scroll back to read that one because I'm too ignorant and lazy to reproduce it here, but it will be worth it, I assure you.  I remember thinking two years ago that this one would be a keeper and low and behold, like I said, things just work out.

So, my recommendations with honey baked ham were lacking because none of them were sweet enough for the ham and none had the honey flavor that might complement the ham.  With the Arbor Crest Riesling you get both the sweetness and honey flavor along with a slew of other fruit flavors.  It's a rich white wine that is three quarters of the way to being downright sweet and I think, for sweet wine drinkers, this and the ham are a marriage made in heaven.

Say you read this blog and get ten percent off Arbor Crest Riesling.  Hop into the store like an Easter Bunny saying "Royal Riblet" three times and get twenty percent off!

On Thursday the 28th from 5 to 7pm, Gail Avera of Atlanta Beverage joins us for her first tasting here in a long time.  Gail is a popular presenter here so please join us for what she says will be an Easter dinner wine tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment